Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Hey! No one is commenting!! Oh well... its a good lead in...

Cory's post kinda made me think about this, again. As I have shared with some people last year was a time of extreme solo time. I had little or not close male or female friends, and I often wrestled with my feelings of lonelyness which I felt seriously took away from my time with God last year. It kept me from being thankful alot of the time, not to mention being extremely miserable and hard... a whole school year... alone.

The hardest thing about it, was that the Bible back up my complaints. Jesus had his close circle of friends, Paul did, even Job had his friends come around.

When I got to Nanaimo, I almost started to panic when I started seeing the same patterns happening again. I'm not exactly sure what happened then. I know I started to take notes when I studied the Bible. I know I wrote some more songs. But I don't know if either of these things explains the way I was suddenly okay one day. God just revealed himself to me in a new way. I can't explain it.

So whats the point? Well, the point is, sometimes, you have a bad attitude, struggle with self-pity, or something else. Now, I'm not just saying lay down and wait it out. I'm saying the opposite... Keep moving! That being said, sometimes to just keep moving is the hardest thing at all. But I think God let me go through this for a number of reasons, but one is to remind me that its just His strength that does it in the end. I tried everything to get out of my self-pity/lonliness/whatever. But in the end, it was just God's grace.

Another thing that happened after I got over this, the friends started showing up. After I was taught (I can't even take the credit for learning this) to rely on God again, it was okay for me to have friends again. I just gotta remember to lean on God.

2 comments:

Drifter said...

Tawmis, that is a good point. I once told a girl i know who was struggling with keeping potential relationships out of her head to transfer all the energy she was spending on keeping guys out of focus and use it to focus on GOd. I think sometimes we waste alot of energy on problems and instead should just use that energy to focus on God. Interesting read.

P.S. Sorry about the ass that is advertising on your blog...it really pisses me off when i get them, cause i get all pumped that someone commented and then i see that it is just some dick trying to market something. ARGH!!!

Tawmis said...

Yeah, its not always just as easy as just, "I should do it, so I will, but that is definately the goal, and realizing you need to do it is the first step.

Tawmis.

yeah, I hate the adds too... but I can delete him! ha ha!