Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hey, heres one thats a little harder to share, it really reveals how, well, lame I am sometimes. maybe some single people out there can relate to this a bit. Well, I am constantly surrounded by girls. there is about 1 guy for every 10 girls in my program. When I see beautiful girls, I automatically kinda yearn for a wife, or at least a girlfriend. One thing that God has really put on my heart is, instead of choosing to think about how beautiful my wife will be one day (which isn't necessarily bad, but can have negative consequences), think about how beautiful God is. I know this sounds kinda wierd, but God is so beautiful in so many ways, and He laid this little Chorus on my heart.

You are beautiful,
Like a promise never broken,
Like long hidden love, out; spoken
Like the prison gates flung open,
You are beautiful,
Like the only real safe place, to put my hope in.

Its not the cure to lonelyness, but I found these thoughts encourage me often. Hope someone else finds them encouraging.

No comments: