Saturday, October 01, 2005

Wow! I got another one already! so its my birthday tomorrow, and as usual, there's really nothing happening. I was thinking about it and I was also watching Big Daddy yesterday, and in particular the part at the very end when his friends drag him out of his office for a little birthday celebration. It struck me that the reason that doesn't happen is because I don't have any close, lasting relationships like Adam Sandler's character had in the movie. So what if someone did throw me a party anyway? Or what if I made a really big effort to remember one persons birthday? Well, that would be going through the motions without actually having the relationship.

This whole thing turned out to be a great metaphor for Chrisitanity. the acts of kindness and caring come out of a close relationship where that person is often on your mind. However, sometimes, throwing a surprise birthday party for someone can be the first step to a closer realtionship. Most people know all this in someway already, but it really illustrated it for me... lets not get too focused on how we act, but aslo work on our relationship with Christ, balance the faith and the works.

Tawmis.

2 comments:

Drifter said...

hey tommy, just wanted you to know that I got on your blog and stuff. Haven't read one yet but will be reading soon. It really is a good way to communicate what your thinking, this blog thing is. Gotta go for now

Tawmis said...

That doesn't make you seem immature Jeremy... some times we just gotta step out in faith, sometimes we're given the grace ahead of time. Thanks for the comment!