Friday, September 30, 2005

So I was in Vancouver this summer, and I was wandering the streets, and of course I came across some beggars. This got me thinking... This beggar probably has more money than I do, considering all my student loans. Seriously, if I sold everything I owned, I'd probably still be in the hole. So what is the difference between us?

I decided there is only one thing... Hope.

When I spend that money on my education, I am trusting in the promises of the school and the testimony of others, that I graduate, I will have the means to make enought money to live, and to pay off my debts. So even though financially, I am worse off than the beggar, I have hope in a promise.

If I put so much trust in this school system, which could crumble tomorrow, how much more trust should I put in God and His promises? And secondly, look at how much more valuable it is to give hope, rather than to just give money. Alot of thoughts could come our of this.

1 comment:

Tawmis said...

Here's Josh's comment, he couldn't get in so he e-mailed me, I'll just post it up here, Nice hearing from you Josh, love to hear your comments anytime:

that was awesome, very insightful. It is great to hear from you. happy birthday. I tried to sign up to the blog and it wouldn't let me so I will e-mail you. God bless stay strong

Josh